Four reasons to choose Blue Bear School of Music:
- Welcomes everyone, whether you just want to play music for your own personal enjoyment or you’re seriously considering music as a career.
- Unites people passionate about music. Many of our Band Workshops have spun off practice bands that continue to play together long after the end of the quarter. Some have even turned into regularly gigging bands. And, of course, many friendships (and a few marriages) have begun in Blue Bear classes.
- Fosters a casual and supportive atmosphere, free from the judgment, academic rigor and competition of some other schools.
- Has a track record of rock. Blue Bear has been offering popular music instruction since 1971, so our programming reflects long experience and lots of student feedback (90% of our students come from personal recommendation).
- Offers 1-on-1 consultations. As a new student, you’ll meet with our Program Director, who can answer your questions about our programs, the process of learning music and your musical goals. Together you’ll determine what teachers and/or classes are best suited to your needs. Consultations are available whenever you have questions about what you should do next. Or, ask now!
- Keeps class sizes small. Most of our guitar classes are limited to six or seven students. Voice classes that involve solo singing are usually limited to five or six. Most of our vocal technique classes are limited to eight. At these sizes, the teacher can give individual attention as needed.
Blue Bear teachers:
- Are committed to teaching as a profession. Blue Bear teachers are here because they are dedicated to helping their students meet their goals, not just to make some extra money on the side. And if a teacher you start with doesn’t seem like the right fit for you, it’s easy to notify our staff and request a different teacher.
- Work as musicians. Blue Bear teachers are experts in their crafts, with significant experience in the music industry.
Blue Bear offers: