- Guitar lessons (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, lead guitar, rhythm guitar, fingerpicking, you name it!)
- Piano lessons (rock, blues, jazz, boogie-woogie, classical, singing accompaniment, learn by ear, sightreading)
- Voice lessons (vocal technique, repertoire, stylistic coaching in most pop styles)
- Ukulele lessons
- Drum lessons (trap set only)
- Bass lessons
- Banjo, lessons
- Sax, Flute, Clarinet lessons
- Songwriting, music theory
- Improv, soloing, lead playing
- Learn how to use GarageBand or Logic Pro
- Learn how to record your instrument or singing to a device/computer
- Learn music mixing and production to make your music sound great
- Rock, blues, jazz, folk, metal, funk, r&b, soul, roots and most contemporary music styles
- Learn about our teachers!
Try out any teacher for $50 for an hour or $25 for a half-hour.
|Hours||1 lesson||4 lessons||10 lessons|
|Half-hours / Shared Hours||1 lesson||4 lessons||10 lessons|
*$10 or $5 discount for Autopay – save your card and your 4-packs will automatically renew until you tell us to stop.
Ongoing lessons require our annual $35 Membership.
We have lesson times available Mondays-Thursdays 1-9 pm and Saturday mornings and afternoons. Hour lessons can be taken weekly or every-other-week. Half-hour lessons must be taken weekly.
If you know whom you’d like to study with, call the school at 415.673.3600 to inquire about openings.
If you’d like more information about the best teacher for you, schedule a time to speak with our Program Director.
There is no charge for a lesson canceled with at least two days’ notice before the close of business. You may cancel:
- By email (best) – email@example.com
- By phone – 415.673.3600
- In person with our desk staff (not with your teacher)
|If your lesson is on:||You need to notify the desk by:|
|Monday||Saturday 3:30 pm|
|Tuesday||Anytime on Sunday|
|Wednesday||Monday 8 pm|
|Thursday||Tuesday 8 pm|
|Saturday||Thursday 8 pm|
Lessons are ongoing until you tell us you’re stopping. Unless you have specifically scheduled your lessons as one-time lessons, you will remain on your teacher’s schedule until you tell us you want to discontinue, even though your lesson pack may have run out. In order to avoid being charged for a lesson after your pack runs out, we need to hear from you two days before what would be your next scheduled lesson.
A Note on Blue Bear’s Cancellation Policy
For our 4-pack lessons, Blue Bear has the most consumer-friendly cancellation policy of any music school we know: most schools don’t allow cancellations and offer only limited makeups; our4-packs are good for three months. Our discounted 10-packs must be used in 11 weeks, so they are more like other schools and are best for students who can be consistent with lesson attendance.
4-packs expire three months after the first lesson. 10-packs expire 75 days after the first lesson, so you have 11 weeks to complete ten lessons. (Expiration dates are extended for every-other-week lessons, holidays, and teacher cancellations.)
There are no refunds for expired lessons, BUT you can give an expired lesson to a friend or use it as an extra lesson for yourself. What is an “extra lesson”? If you take weekly lessons, an extra lesson is a second lesson in a week. If you take every-other-week lessons, an extra lesson is a lesson during your off-week or a second lesson during your on-week. Nothing else is an extra lesson. You may use expired lessons as a gift for someone else whether or not you are scheduled for recurring lessons.
Private Lesson Refund Policy
If you discontinue your lessons and come off the schedule, remaining credit will be held for a year after the last lesson taken. You may request a credit refund any time during this year.