Hard Rock Camp
Blue Bear School of Music, Fort Mason Center
Summer 2019 Schedule
Monday-Friday, 10 am – 3 pm, with a longer day on Friday for a performance.
This workshop offers musicians going into grades 7-10 (fall 2019) an opportunity to rock hard with their peers. Repertoire is selected by the group, which rehearses every day. A typical day includes group lessons in the morning, a lunchtime jam with staff, and band rehearsals in the afternoon. The week culminates with a show on late Friday afternoon.
See our Summer Camp FAQs page for more details about the after-camp activities, what campers need to bring, our drop policy and more.
Skill Level Recommendations and Audition Info
Suggested minimum of two years of lessons for all instruments.
- Drummers should be able to fill without losing time, and be able to hold three minutes of a simple rock beat. Drummers are required to audition for this camp.
- Bassists should know names of notes and how to read chord charts, and be able to play 1/8th notes through changes. Bassists are required to audition for this camp.
- Guitarists should know open chords and E and A form barre chords, and know minor pentatonic scales. Guitarists are NOT required to audition for this camp.
- Keyboardists should know major and minor triads, and know the blues scale. Keyboardists are NOT required to audition for this camp.
- Singers should be able to sing in tune and have a strong enough sense of time so that song entry points and phrasing can be consistently executed.
Camp Tuition Fee: $550