Fun & Creative Songwriting Summer Camp for Teenagers (grades 8-12)
Your Songwriting Camp Includes:
- The thrill of creating a song, recording a demo, and performing it on stage!
- Expert guidance on how to write a memorable melody, powerful lyrics, and exciting arrangements.
- Collaboration with other teenagers passionate about writing songs.
- A supportive space to share your feelings & ideas.
- A great place to bond & make friends!
What parents & teenagers are saying about our summer camps
“WOW! What a fabulous experience all the way around! Hats off to all the wonderful folks at Blue Bear. Our kids were amazing!” –Annette
“The teachers are inspiring and create a supportive and welcoming atmosphere that is rarely seen.” –Hilda
Date & Time
Monday – Friday, 10 am – 3 pm, with a longer day on Friday for a performance.
Camp Tuition Fee: $575
- Discounts of up to $450 are available to students whose household incomes qualify through Blue Bear’s sliding scale tuition program.
- Register two siblings (or one child for two camps) and save $50 off the second camp!
See our Summer Camp FAQs page for more details about the after-camp activities, what campers need to bring, our drop policy and more.
Our teachers love coaching kids and provide a warm and encouraging learning environment for them to play music and build camaraderie with others. Lead teachers: J.T. Locke and Tennessee Mowrey
Songwriting Curriculum Designed by Grammy Nominated Songwriter
Bonnie Hayes, Songwriting Department Chair at the Berklee College of Music:
- Wrote hit songs “Have a Heart” and “Love Letter” from the acclaimed Bonnie Raitt album Nick of Time
- Wrote songs for Cher, Bette Midler, David Crosby, Robert Cray, Adam Ant, Booker T. & the MG’s, and many more
Making Music Makes You Smarter, According To Neuro Research
“Playing a musical instrument engages practically every area of the brain at once…playing music has been found to increase the volume and activity in the brain…allowing messages to get across the brain faster and through more diverse routes. This may allow musicians to solve problems more effectively and creatively, in both academic and social settings.” — Anita collins
Blue Bear Music Summer Camps are the perfect place to learn teamwork, boost brain power, and gain confidence.
Listen to a song from one of our songwriting camps