Since 1971, we have helped more than 35,000 people discover and develop their musical talents, offering them skills for a lifetime of learning and enrichment. Charitable support for our non-profit work is a crucial part of keeping Blue Bear alive.
Your support will help us expand our reach even further and open new locations. We have 500+ kids a year in these programs and with your help, we will reach even more.
That’s a lot of changed lives. Here are videos of two of our Scholarship Students whose lives were changed by Blue Bear.
Why your gift makes a difference:
- We have twenty one off-site Youth Outreach Programs in public schools and community centers for kids 4 months to 18 years old.
- Sliding scale tuition assistance and scholarships are a part of every Blue Bear program to ensure access to music for everyone.
Why our work is important:
- Music gives young people a way to express themselves, even to find themselves.
- Making music together gives people a positive social experience.
- Learning music enhances brainpower and improves academic performance
A lot of the kids in our Community Programs would have never played music without Blue Bear. With the continued slashing of funding for the arts in public schools, and particularly in under-served communities, Blue Bear continues to be an asset that is introducing kids to music – changing their lives forever.
A donation to Blue Bear is an investment in a vibrant, established and long-lived non-profit organization that improves lives one note at a time.
All questions and inquiries regarding your gifts can be directed to our Manager of Individual Giving, Alycia Moore. Contact her at email@example.com or at 415.673.3600